The M.S. in Childhood Education and Special Education (Dual Certification, Grades 1-6) program at the College of Mount Saint Vincent is a clinically-rich, accelerated program designed for working professionals, career changers, or recent college graduates looking to earn a New York State teaching license in only five semesters.
This program blends vital academic content with practical classroom teaching experience and will take you through everything you need to meet the requirements for NYS certification. Successful completion of this program and required certification exams lead to a master’s degree plus two teaching licenses in both general and special education at the childhood level (Grades 1 through 6).
- 45 Credit program completed in less than two years
- Low tuition rate – only $425 per credit, with no additional fees or tuition increases
- Federal Financial Aid and payment plans available
- GRE/MAT Fee Reimbursement – CITE will cover the cost of the exam for all cohort students (details here)
- GRE/MAT requirement: You don’t need the test completed to START the program, but you’ll need to complete it by the end of the fall semester.
- Courses meet on Saturdays in downtown Brooklyn from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- College of Mount Saint Vincent will accept up to 6 transfer credits
- Students progress through the program in a cohort of 20-25 students
- Free EAS Test Prep courses offered on Sundays and weeknights
- Cohorts begin in Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Students do not need to be certified prior to entering the program. Upon graduation, students will receive initial certification in General & Special Education
- Total cost is $19,125
Questions? Call or e-mail us for more info!
718-923-9333 x 836
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college that provides high quality opportunities for professional advancement, accomplishment, and service through graduate and certificate programs. At Mount Saint Vincent, a student’s education extends beyond knowledge, skills, and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person by fostering an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other.
Take advantage of the mission, history, and experience of the College of Mount Saint Vincent, now available through our partnership in Brooklyn. We offer CMSV’s courses with the same practicality, affordability, and convenience you’ve come to expect from CITE programs.