Master’s in TESOL, Pre-K – Grade 12
The Master of Science in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at the College of Mount Saint Vincent is a 30-credit curriculum consisting of both professional and skills-based, clinically oriented courses. The downstate weekend program is designed for working professionals or recent college graduates who currently hold an initial New York State teaching certification. Upon successful completion of this program and the required content specialty examination in ESOL, students will have fulfilled the academic requirements for initial/professional certification in TESOL from Pre-K through grade 12, as well as their initial certification area.
Please note: Classes are online through the end of Fall 2021.
This program starts in 2021.
- 30 Credits for the TESOL certification program
- Complete the program in a little over a year
- $425 per credit with no additional fees or tuition increases (Total cost is $12,750)
- Federal Financial Aid and payment plans available
- GRE/MAT Fee Reimbursement – CITE will cover the cost of the exam for all students
- Courses held in downtown Brooklyn on Saturdays from 8:30 – 4:00 (*** Online through Fall 2021 ***)
- Free EAS Test Prep courses offered on Sundays and weeknights
- College of Mount Saint Vincent will accept up to 6 transfer credits
- New cohorts begin every Fall
- Students progress through the program together in a cohort of 15-20 students
- Students must hold initial NYS certification prior to entering the program. Upon graduation, students will meet academic requirements for initial/professional certification in TESOL as well as their initial certification area.
Questions? Call or e-mail us for more info!
718-923-9333 x 836
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college that provides high quality opportunities for professional advancement, accomplishment, and service through graduate and certificate programs. At Mount Saint Vincent, a student’s education extends beyond knowledge, skills, and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person by fostering an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other.
Take advantage of the mission, history, and experience of the College of Mount Saint Vincent, now available through our partnership in Brooklyn. We offer CMSV’s courses with the same practicality, affordability, and convenience you’ve come to expect from CITE programs.