12 Credit Certification through the Individual Evaluation Pathway in TESOL
CITE and our partner Mount St. Vincent are offering the four following Non-Matriculated TESOL Courses that will lead to a classroom extension through the individual evaluation pathway.
- Course – EDUC 507 Linguistic Analysis
- Course – EDUC 508 Structure of American English
- Course – EDUC 722 Teaching ESL 1
- Course – EDUC 725 Teaching Across Content Areas – Methods of TESOL Pre-K to 12
- Registration and Tuition Payment – Students will register directly with CITE. In advance of the course, students will reserve their spot by putting a $195 deposit down either through our website or over the phone. Students will then pay the remaining balance on the first day of class as well as fill out the required registration paperwork as provided by the College of Mount St. Vincent.
- Tuition – Students will pay $745 for each 3 credit course registration.
- Certification – Students who complete these courses must apply for certification through the individual evaluation pathway. These students shall be responsible for verifying that these courses meet their individual certification needs, by checking with the NYC Department of Education. CMSV is not responsible for recommending these students for Certification.
Additionally, certificate candidates must provide NYSED evidence of:
- Major or equivalent in one of the Liberal Arts and Sciences–30 semester hours
- Teaching Literacy Skills Methods
*Students may have fulfilled Teaching Literacy Skills Methods as part of primary teaching certificate
- Language Other than English
*12 credits in a foreign/sign language/s documented on an undergraduate/graduate transcript or equivalent credit on CLEP or NYU Proficiency Tests (credits must be completed before you apply for the ESOL certificate)
- Successful completion of the Content Specialty Test (CST) in ESOL
- Workshops–Child Abuse Identification, School Violence Intervention and Prevention, DASA
- Fingerprint Clearance
Call for info: 877-922-2483